Water is a naturally occurring inorganic substance, an essential nutrient you need to consume regularly to stay healthy and live.
Water Physical and Chemical Properties and Nutrition Facts
- The water molecule is composed of one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H2O).
- Pure water is liquid at room temperature, without color, taste and odor.
- Freezing point of water and melting point of ice = 32° F (0° C)
- Boiling point = 212° F (100° C)
- Density = 1 g/mL. Water does not chemically change by boiling or freezing.
- Calories per gram = zero